Monday, February 21, 2011

First Pass At Exploratory Body Work

Got an itch today and decided to start the initial exploratory body work; locating more rust and filler. I ground down a few spots on the passenger side. There were some surprises and some confirmation of what I already knew needed major patch/weld work.

The most surprising was the lower forward fender arch; full of filler and little holes where a previous owner attempted a dent and rust repair. I made a pretty big mess in the garage, but it was educational, and I have a good idea of what is going to need repair on the exterior panels on that side of the car.

There is plenty of rust on the same side in the interior, but I'll deal with that later.

Below are the photos of the areas I examined today.

Gap, holes, wrinkles. Had about 1/8 inch of filler in this area. Needs patch panel

Holes, needs patch panel

Major rust on both outer and inner panels. Patch panels needed

Lots of filler. Wrinkles and some rust on lower apron. Will be a challenging area

No comments:

Post a Comment